What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish Massage is a wonderful way to stretch out those aches and pains. Gentle rolling and kneading massage techniques are used to relax the muscles and remove any knots or tension.
You can choose from a range of luxury massage oils and enjoy your treatment lying on our comfortable massage couch covered with warm towels and relaxing to calming music.
Interesting information about Swedish Massage
The term "Swedish Massage" uses techniques designed to relax muscles by applying pressure to them against deeper muscles and bones, and rubbing in the same direction as the flow of blood returning to the heart. Swedish Massage was developed in the 1700's by a Swedish doctor named Per Henrik Ling.
Swedish Massage Techniques?
Swedish Massage techniques include: efflueurage, friction, petrissage and tapotement.
1. Effleurage: Gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs and/or fingertips
2. Friction: Circular pressures with the palms of hands, thumbs and/or fingers
3. Petrissage: Kneading movements with the hands, thumbs and/or fingers
4. Tapotement: Brisk hacking or tapping using the sides of the fingers
Benefits of Swedish Massage?
The benefits of Swedish Massage can include:
increasing the oxygen flow in the blood
releasing toxins from the muscles
shortening recovery time from muscular strain
increasing circulation without increasing heart load
stretching the ligaments and tendons keeping them supple and pliable
stimulating the skin and nervous system
soothing the nerves
reducing stress, both emotional and physical, and is suggested in a regular program for stress management
many specific medical uses
Swedish Massage Treatment Options and Prices
- 60 minutes £45
- 90 minutes £60
- 2 hours £75
- 2.5 hour massage experience £105 (includes a 10-15 minute break for tea and a healthy snack)
- 3 hours massage experience £120 (includes a 10-15 minute break for tea and a healthy snack)
For more information or to make a booking please Contact KnotStressed.