Take some time to focus on yourself, in the company of your little one. Mother and Baby Yoga can help you heal, strengthen and nurture yourself after the transformative process of childbirth and experiencing the challenges becoming a new mother.
Our small, friendly classes are also a lovely way to meet other new mums and babies.
Benefits of Mother and Baby Yoga
- strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
- releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
- helps to improve posture
- decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
- rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
- builds patience and inner-calm
- provides an opportunity to connect with other parents
When to Practise:
It is important to rest initially. The first 6 weeks after birth are a time for bonding with the baby and for the mother to recover. By the end of the first eight weeks of the postnatal period, women should be ready to return to their regular practice, but it is important to listen to what your body is ready to do.
This class is suitable for babies aged 6 weeks to pre-crawling.
Women with a yoga practice prior to pregnancy should be careful and not rush back into their usual yoga practice. Consult your GP for advice on when to resume practising.
Classes run 1.15-2.15pm weekly on Tuesdays. Please see below for upcoming blocks:
- Tuesday 21st February - 21st March, 1.15pm
- Tuesday 4th April - Tuesday 2nd May, 1.15pm
- Tuesday 16th May - Tuesday 13th June
- Tuesday 11th July - Tuesday 8th August
Please keep the start and end dates of the course in mind as substitutions cannot be made for missed classes.
In our sessions, we take up to 6 people. This gives the opportunity for each practitioner to make the most out of each class and ensure we can recognise and help fulfil all the individual needs.
If you would like to deepen your practise or for any reason you can't attend regular group classes then private classes could be the best solution for you.
Every class is created in consultation with practitioner and according to their individual needs.
Please enquire about private and semi private sessions for you or a group of friends.
£50 per 5-week course
For more information, please contact Penny at KnotStressed.