Chinese Massage is a vigorous, effective massage using rhythmical deep tissue and acupressure techniques including body-weight down through the fingers and thumbs, forearms, elbows and heels of hands.
No oil is used in Chinese Massage. It is performed through the sheet (or light clothing).
Chinese Massage is a therapy that has been used for 5,000 years. The first documented descriptions of massage date back to 3,000BC and were discovered in China.
Chinese Taoist priests practiced 'Qi Gong', a meditative movement revealing and cultivating 'Qi', the life force. Traditional Chinese medicine is based on the principle that every illness, ailment or discomfort in the body is due to an imbalance of 'Qi'.
Traditional Chinese Massage is part of the holistic medical tradition in China and is performed by the local doctor and in every hospital. Massage is one of the fundamental treatment modalities, alongside dietary regulation, herbal medicine, acupuncture and therapeutic exercise.
Traditional Chinese Massage conveys the following benefits:
- speeding the healing of injuries and clearing of bruises
- stimulating blood circulation and regulating the nervous system
- removing scar tissue
- easing emotional distress
- relieving some conditions affecting internal organs
- increasing flexibility in the joints and improving posture
- relieving chronic pain
- maintaining wellness and functioning as a form of preventative care
- improving athletic performance
- strengthening the body's resistance to disease
- 60 minutes £45
- 75 minutes £55
- 90 minutes £60
- 2 hours £75
To find out more please contact KnotStressed.