Private and Group Workshops Available
During this 5-hour session we can show you and your birth partner(s) exercises and techniques to practice deep relaxation (hypnobirthing), build confidence and help ensure you enjoy a calm and comfortable birth experience.
This workshop is tailored completely to your needs. It is very practical, hands-on and relaxing and is perfect for women and birth partners looking for practical tips including:
- calm breathing techniques for during a surge, between surges and birth breathing
- understanding the philosophy of using self-hypnosis and deep relaxation for childbirth
- relaxation and visualisation exercises to help train your mind and body to relax on cue
- anchors and deepening techniques to increase the power of your relaxation
- releasing negative emotions and relieving anxiety
- antenatal and birth preparation
- looking at birth choices and preferences
- discovering other research-proven pain relief techniques
- supportive massage techniques for childbirth
- tummy massage and other pregnancy massage techniques
- working with shiatsu birth focus points
- positions which will help ease childbirth
- positive birth stories and dvds
We also run a full 5-week Relax and Breathe Birth Preparation Course for folk looking for more in-depth support, discussion, and birth preparation time, plus the chance to get to know other couples over several weeks.
Massage, in particular, has been used for centuries during childbirth. Recent studies demonstrate that massage therapy reduces medical intervention and need for pain relief during childbirth. It can also shorten labour time and has a positive effect on the birth partner in helping them to feel included and a more supportive part of the birth experience.
We offer private and group workshops on demand. Our availability for upcoming workshops is listed below. However, we are very happy to schedule a workshop for you at a time that suits you.
Availability for Workshops in 2013:
- Sunday 29th December 10-3pm
Fees include handouts, a bottle of 'Massage Oil for a Calm Birth', a set of Positive Birth Affirmation Cards and a 10% discounted pregnancy massage.
Group sessions cost £75 per woman and her birth partner(s).
Private sessions cost £145 per woman and her birth partner(s).
For more information please contact Onie at KnotStressed.